Dodgers' Joc Pederson becomes a dad in midst of NLCS
- A's slugger Olson has right hand surgery
- Cards, Goldschmidt near $130M for 5 yrs.
- Indians' Lindor, Kipnis to miss opener
- Reds' Gennett to get MRI on injured leg
- C Wieters wins backup job with Cardinals
LOS ANGELES (AP) Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson has a roster addition to his family following the birth of his first child.
Pederson and wife Kelsey welcomed a girl named Poppy on Sunday night. The team says she weighs 7 pounds and 11 ounces.
The 26-year-old slugger changed his walkup music ahead of Game 3 of the NL Championship Series on Monday night to "Big Poppa" by The Notorious B.I.G. in honor of his daughter. Pederson was batting leadoff for the Dodgers against the Brewers.
Pederson posted a photo of his baby yawning and wearing a tag reading "Hello my name is Poppy" on his Instagram account.
The couple wed in January.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/tag/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated October 15, 2018